Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Churned Up

Sitting down to dinner tonight at a Rose Croix meeting I asked for the butter as I do like something spread on my roll. The plate was passed down and on it were a number of little individual butter packs. You know the sort of thing I mean, the ones packed in the kind of papery foil (I so wish I knew what an individually packed cuboid of butter was called). Anyway, turned it over to open it. And there was a warning. The warning read "Warning - Contains Milk"!!!!!!!!!

Now I have one of two options here. First is that they have to protect themselves because someone would sue them if they didn't say it. The second is the possibility that some people don't know that butter comes from milk. Neither possibility makes me think much of the human race. I despair at where our progressive society has got us.

No comments: