Friday, March 26, 2010

Blues and Twos

It is with great disappointment that I heard the news that "The Bill" is to be axed. To be honest, 6 months or so ago then I wouldn't have been at all concerned. But the new format is really good. I started watching The Bill when it was first aired. It was good drama, well thought out, with strong story lines. I continued to watch for probably about 15 years. But gradually it became more and more of a soap rather than a drama. And the more it tried to compete with Eastenders then the worse it became. Eventually it was no longer worth watching. But about 6 months ago they announced that they were changing back to once a week and hour long episodes. Well, there's not much else on TV these days so give it a go I thought. And what I found was that they had gone back to a drama format not a soap. And the new format is good, really good. Stories are complex, and don't always end as you would expect. There is enough connection between episodes, with some story lines going over a couple of weeks. I will actually miss it when it goes.

No comments: