Sunday, September 05, 2010

And Another Thing...

I missed off something else.  I missed it because it hadn't really registered as that exciting.  But I just used Wiki and that has changed my mind.

I WAS STANDING NEXT TO TOM HOLLANDER WHEN HE BOUGHT A SAUSAGE!!!!!

OK, maybe that sounds a bit weird.

So, Tom Hollander was at Greenbelt this year, and he was doing a bit of filming.  At this point I should put my hands up and say that a) I don't normally get that excited by "celebrities" and b) I usually can't recognise them anyway let alone know what they have been in.

On with the story - it was lunch time and I wondered what to get.  I thought I would try the Westmoreland and Cumberland Sausage company.  I went and stood in the queue.  Slightly annoying, I thought I recognised the person in front of me.  I racked my brains - had he been in my team in a previous year, did I know him from work, even was he a client when I was in practice near here.  All drawing a blank, but I was sure I knew him.  Just as I was about to tap him on the shoulder and say "excuse me, do I know you", someone else walked over and tapped him on the shoulder.  Then they said a weird thing, they said "can you turn more this way".  Odd.  I looked, and there was a film camera.  Penny dropped, this must be the person they were filming (OK, another admission, at this time I didn't know this was Tom Hollander, I had just got as far as realising this was an actor).  We worked our way up the queue.  He went to buy a sausage, but him couldn't quite nail the character, so he wanted to take a moment to compose himself, he told me to go in front of him.  And then, while I was waiting for my sausage, he came to the counter and ordered two, one with onions and one without.

I wandered off, mildly amused but not particularly excited.  I've been on TV before.  I've been interviewed by Sky and the BBC.  So this didn't rank far out of the ordinary.  I did google up the programme and found that it was Tom Hollander.  But this still didn't mean much.  Until just ten minutes ago.  For "J" I thought I would google a picture of Tom Hollander.  I did.  And OMG, he was in Pirates of the Caribbean!!!!!!!!  And I nearly asked him if he had worked in the Support Team!!!!!

So, if you ever see a programme with Tom Hollander buying a sausage then look for me in the background.  I'm the one in the hat.

No comments: