Thursday, September 04, 2008

Baby Boom

I'm going to be voting Bartlet when it comes to the US elections but I am still following the current goings on with a degree of interest. I am mystified by the media response to Sarah Palin though. She seems to have been vilified by the press. I was trying to work out why. As far as I can tell it comes done to the fact that she has a 17 year old daughter who is not married but is pregnant. There are times I want to scream "none of your g.d d..n business". This is not an issue that the media should be dragging up. What, is it supposed to show that Palin did a bad job raising her family? Supposed to show she has no morals? Well, I can't see how it makes any difference to her ability to hold the position of Vice President. In one respect it shows that there are a normal family, faced with the same challenges that face every other family. Not everything goes perfectly, that's life. I am much more worried about a President who supports war mongering than I would be a President who has an unmarried mother in the family.

Couldn't vote for Sarah Palin though, her voice is so screachy!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

She seems to want to set herself up as someone up for a fight. But most of the stuff I've seen seems to be more impressed that she lives out what she believes in 1) keeping a baby with downs syndrome rather than having an abortion and 2) having a daughter who keeps her baby rather than has an abortion. There has been some discussion about whether she knew about it and kept it quiet though.