Monday, September 01, 2008

By Name

So a visit to my osteo today. It's a regular thing, I generally need to go about every 8 weeks or things become very painful (as opposed to a fairly constant low discomfort) (although sleeping in a tent on the ground actually seems to have helped). Anyway, sometimes I have loads to say, sometimes my mind is blank. Today was a blank day. Until I mentioned that she hadn't accepted my friend invite on Facebook (for which I don't blame her, who wants to bring work home with them!).

Anyway, she said she didn't remeber seeing an invite from me. I explained that the name on Facebook would be Merlin. This then lead to having to explain why. Followed by a very happy twenty minutes explaining the names of all my Greeneblt friends. Which seemed to keep her amused and took my mind off the crunching sounds in my back. And having explained many names (Zippie, Guilty, Squeak etc) I thought, you know what, we really are a weird lot.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

We're not weird, we're AWESOME!

sally said...

Um..speak for yourslef..unless you can think of a suitable nickname for me....careful.....

Caroline said...

sally otherwise known as 'um'?

Rainbow dreams said...

and now I'm curious about the names ;)

I thought you were called Merlin!! am blushing now! Thats what your dayglo thing said too...

Merlin said...

At Greenbelt I am called Merlin. You'd never find me if you tried using my real name. In fact, whenever I have worked at any festicals I have been Merlin. If I thought I could get away with it at work I would be called Merlin there as well, but I suspect it wouldn't carry quite the professional tone that I require.

Rainbow dreams said...

perhaps...there are so many slightly less common names out there I personally wouldn't have questioned it.

However, if you suddenly changed to Merlin, I might wonder what you were planning to do with my animal when I brought it to you, or I might think you had magical powers!