Monday, February 07, 2011

A Small Bite

I've been lucky enough to go through my 40-years with very little in the way of teeth problems. Other than removal of the occasional wisdom tooth I haven't needed any other treatment - no fillings etc. And last time I saw my dentist at the end of last year he said he didn't foresee any problems in the future.

So imagine my surprise a week or so ago when one of my front teeth became incredibly sensitive. For someone who likes coffee this was a definite problem. I was contemplating a visit to the dentist as I just wondered if that was a crack I could see across the surface of the tooth. Now imagine my even greater surprise when eating a Brie and chutney sandwich on Friday and suddenly it seemed crunchy. And then I realised that a big chunk of a molar (yes, a BACK tooth) was no longer in it's rightful place, instead floating around my mouth.

So I've spent the weekend with my tongue being sliced by my broken molar every time I swallowed and the front of my mouth hurting every time I breathed through my mouth.

All a bit of a shock really.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: