Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Apples to Cider


Interesting concept. Walk to India with no money. Mark Boyle has put aside two and a half years to walk to India relying on peoples goodwill. He hopes to get food and lodging in return for odd jobs. The aim is to show that money is outdated, and to show us how we could be helping each other. The "Harvest Walk" is inspired by the help villagers used to give on the farm without expecting payment.

All credit to him, wonderful concept. I am not sure that we need to move away from money but I can see his ppoint. I do think he may hit a problem at the Channel. I am imagining the conversation at the ticket desk "one way ticket to France please" "£60 sir" "er, I don't have any money" "£60 sir" "no, you see, it's OK, I don't believe in money" "yes sir" "I want to show the world we can do without" "yes sir, well maybe you can do without a free trip to France"

No comments: