Saturday, January 12, 2008

KerSplosh

We watched "Flushed Away" this evening. During the X-Factor we ended up with the family tradition of eating dips on Saturday night and "A" enjoys it so much that it seems mean to stop just because the series ended. It is proving a bit of an effort to find something on TV on Saturday nights however. But tonight we found "Flushed Away", which we hadn't seen at the cinema. Now, many of these childrens films I end up disappointed with. "Cars", "Ratatouille", "Finding Nemo", I don't find any of them live up to the hype. But I have to admit that "Flushed Away" had me laughing throughout. Specifically the slugs, bursting into song and adding the backing tracks. I might be sad but it kept me amused.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Finding Nemo I found enjoyable (I watched it with my family over Christmas) but there's no depth to it - there's nothing in there for adults. I think that's the difference between a good children's film and a boring children's film.

What about finding something you'd all enjoy on dvd and watching an episode each week? I don't know what you'd watch though...

Merlin said...

Well I did suggest "The West Wing" but "A" wasn't convinced (who'd have thought american politics would be hard to follow when you are almost 6 years old!)

sally said...

Won't the new Ice dancing reality TV celebrities falling over show do it for you?

Merlin said...

OK, and you want to send me to purgatory because.....