Sunday, April 27, 2008

Trot On

A while ago "A" had her first riding lesson. And she is still doing it. She seems to be loving riding. And, although admitting to some bias, actually I think she is doing well. Also the instrutor seems to think she is doing well. It is so much more fun than taking her to ballet. The only advantage of ballet was that I could take a book and my iPod, and disappear into my own world for a while. At the stables they seem to have realised that I am fairly comfortable around horses (I have not, and will not, admit I am a vet). This means that they ask me to lead a horse each week. Usually "A"s although I have also helped with other riders. Now some of you may be a step ahead of me here. Think about what leading might mean. Yes they do walking, which is fine. But they also do trotting. And also trotting poles. I haven't qute worked out why people at work almost fell on the floor laughing at the idea of me trotting over poles. I think they are cruel.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Just how complicated would it be to arrange for someone to film it and put it on youtube?

Ok, I'm setting off to the helicopter field...

Merlin said...

Why don't you trot up there