Thursday, April 10, 2008

Year End

A year ago I was installed into the chair of King Solomon. Last night it was my turn to do the installing. I really enjoyed the evening. I was rather nervous beforehand. I have had trouble learning my lines - a lot of things on my mind, difficult to concentrate, things plotting against me at the times I thought I would be able to do some learning - and I had failed to make it to a single rehearsal. So I was very worried that it would all go pear shaped. Especially as, of all the ceremonies, this was the one where the most pressure lies on the Master. It really was a case of being in charge throughout. And luckily in control as well, because it went well.

The year has gone quickly. Everyone said it would. I managed some good things (I believe). Could have done more. But generally happy. And last night was a wonderful way to end. I was presented with a Past masters collar and jewel, made even more special by the fact that they were previously my fathers and he presented them. OK, I might admit to tears in my eyes at the time. Very emotional moment.

A great, fantastic, and very enjoyable evening.

No comments: