Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Bang

There is something vaguely disconcerting about finding yourself in a hotel that supplies ear
plugs on the bedside table. I mean, what do they know. Why do they come with the not so cryptic message -we wish you a good nights sleep? Am I only going to get a good nights sleep if I use them? Do the bin men come at an early hour? Are
they expecting an RAF fly past? Are the neighbours screamers? All very worrying.

As it was there was nothing. At least nothing more than the usual nature getting on with life and the occasional car passing. I know this be wise I lay awake waiting for whatever the big noise was going to be. The big noise that never came!

1 comment:

1 i z said...

Of course also dangerous in case soemone mistook them for those complimentary chocs you get on your pillow sometimes: "my these marshmallows are chewy".

It's an easy mistake to make.

It took me ages to wash that minty choclate goo out of my ears that time...