Saturday, March 22, 2008

Egghead

The weather today has taken "changeable" to extremes. Sun, rain, hail and snow, sometimes all within two minutes of each other. It seemed a pity to spend the day indoors however so we went down to Stowe for their Easter Egg hunt. I remember last year that it was lovely and hot. Not today. In fact there was a stage on the route where we could decide on whether to continue for the long walk or head back. OK, I am not too proud to deny it, we wimped out and turned for home. The hail was whipping around our faces at the time so it seemed a reasonable decision. By the time we got to the finish line I was saying it was a pity we hadn't gone for the long walk and I was unzipping my coat because I was too warm. It didn't take long before I changed my mind and was glad that we could collect our egg and pile back into the car.

No comments: