Sunday, March 02, 2008

Strumming Along


So I am now the proud owner of a new acoustic guitar. This may surprise some (or even all) of you. Explanation coming. At the charity ball we have an auction, the aim being to raise as much money as possible. The first item up last night was a guitar. And people hadn't really got into the idea that they needed to bid. So I started it going, and kept it going, until suddenly no-one else bid again and I found that I was the "lucky" winner. All in a good cause anyway, and certain Greenbelt friends should now start worrying that they will be subjected to my attempts to learn at the next ops meeting.
{the auctioneer is my father, another good reason for me making sure that the auction got rolling, I'd have been in trouble otherwise}

2 comments:

sally said...

Two things..one, I teach the guitar, and have never failed yet to get soemone playing..from 6 year olds to 60 year olds, men women and children, so if you are ever passing with your guitar, pop in......
Two..you mentioned ina recent blog that your father passed away when you were ten..but he also turns up at Lodge meetings..just to show I am paying attention....

Confused of St Albans....

Merlin said...

OK, well spotted "Confused of St Albans" (which I did pass by today but without the guitar). This is actually my step-father but I call him my father (as well as my brother just to really confuse the matter) because that is what he is.