Sunday, March 02, 2008

Waiting For Godot


Last night was our annual charity ball. Slight change of location this year and we went to the St Mellons Country Club near Cardiff. We invited some friends from Northampton and arranged to meet in the bar at 1930 hrs (the tickets were 1930 for 2000 hrs). As we do, we met them on the dot. no-one else around but, in my expecrience most people are a bit late anyway. So we ordered some drinks and had a chat. Time passed. Still no-one. Mild panic that we ahd the wrong day. But I had spoken to my parents earlier so it must be right. 1950 hrs and still no-one. Mild panic advancing to serious concern. By 1955 hrs I was wondering what had gone wrong. I went for a wander and then found that everyone else had come in by another door and there was a very busy reception party going on which we had been completely unaware of!

No comments: