Thursday, June 26, 2008

Deuce

I am not a great fan of tennis, but "J" has to watch the cricket when it's on so I generally feel it only fair to allow two weeks of Wimbledon on the TV. I do know enough to know that Sharapova being knocked out is a great upset. However much of an upset it was though, it was the post match interview with Kudryavtseva that really caught my attention. This person who probably never dreamed of a victory, took the opportunity tosay she was pleased to have knocked out Sharapova. Whereas you might have expected her to say that Sharapova was her idol, instead she proceeded to explain how she didn't like Sharapova because of her outfits "although that is just my opinion". The outfits were part of her motivation. Wonderful. In a world where politically correct speak slips in everywhere it is simple a breath of fresh air to hear somone brave enough to say what they think.

No comments: