Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Dinner

It was "A"s birthday today. 6 years old. We offered to go out for dinner, she could chose. Over the last week she has been changing her mind, but at no point did she mention where I think is her favourite, the "Harvester". I finally asked her why she wasn't asking to go there. Her response, "I'm not supposed to ask to go there at the moment."

This goes back to last month. We went to the Harvester one weekend. Then the next weekend, on the way back from the Royal Windsor Show, we decided to stop for a meal. "A" asked to go to the Harvester. I pleaded to go somewhere different. Finally I said we WERE going somewhere different. "A" sat in the back of the car and looked sad, so I told her I would make her a deal. We would go to the Harvester if she promised not to ask to go there again for another month. She agreed to the deal. Obviously she was now sticking to it. So, as it was her brithday, and as she was so good not asking, we went there.

I am now trying to work out whether it is my daughter who is incredibly good and polite and lioveley, or if I am just a bad and scary dad.

No comments: