Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Natural Glory

A massive nod and thank you to Rainbow Dreams for the following:

Last night I drove back along the coast road as the sea whipped up high above the wall, playing some kind of 'dodge the waves' game as I drove. It was wild and wonderful, untamed and free.

It was beautiful.

Nature has a way of silencing the soul, the power of the forces that surround us, the elements, that make us feel so small, and so in awe

I hope she doesn't mind me lifting it. But for a number of reasons it struck to my core. It gave me a peaceful moment in a busy word. I grew up sailing, and playing with the sea and the wind gave me great pleasure. While I was at university I used to disappear off into the Scottish mountains by myself of a weekend, and allow nature to remind me of its wonder. The world around us is beautiful, if powerful, and we should never forget that. In fact, more than not fogetting, we should make an effort to remind ouselves and expose ourselves to it.

Read the rest of her post. Rainbow Dreams is thought provoking in a way that makes me feel shallow. We all have different reasons for blogging. But I am grateful to her for putting her thoughts down.

1 comment:

Rainbow dreams said...

Merlin I am flattered and don't mind at all.

But just to add that shallow is not a word I would associate with you from what I know of you from here or facebook...:)
Katie