Monday, August 10, 2009

Holiday Blue

That really was too much of a shock to the system. Back to work after two weeks off. Apart from a little flurry half way through when some issues cropped up that I had to sort, I basically managed to forget about work for a fortnight. Unlike last year when I was getting up at 0200 hrs to check my emails on the computer every day. And while relaxing was good, it makes it all the more cruel when you get back. And whereas last year I could just move onward with the day, today I had to catch up on 480 emails. I have a system for that, first go through relatively quickly and delete those that aren't important or file those that are just informing me of something. Then go back and deal with the ones that will take 5 minutes or less, such as organising meetings. Then go back through them again and deal with the ones that need more input. And finally do the remaining ones. It works quite well and tomorrow will now be a "normal" day. But I was absolutely shattered by the end and didn't get home until very late so I was very naughty and didn't go to the gym. I will go tomorrow instead though. That is unless I have run off to Menorca.

No comments: