Thursday, May 01, 2008

Trust Me

So the hotel we DID end up was completely different in every respect from the one that, luckily I believe, failed to keep me a room. Soon after checking in I looked to see what time breakfast was. It didn't start until 0700hrs. That was too late for us, one of the drawbacks of doing things on farm is that this can mean a relatively early start. I went to reception and explained the problem, the receptionist started by saying that no-one came in until 0700hrs, but then rapidly followed this up by saying she would ask the night porter to sort us out. She did, and he did. He was very pleasant and looked after us.

We were presented with another problem. In that he couldn't take payment for our stay. So I asked if we could all go and then I would come back after lunch, at an unspecified time, and settle for all four rooms. Fine they said. Do you want to swipe my card I said. No they said, you look as thoughyou can be trusted. So we left without paying.

And, thankfully, I remembered to go back there before driving home.

So, credit where due, it was the Georgian House Hotel, Norwich.

No comments: