Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wrong Turn

Those of you who follow me on Plurk or Facebook will already realise I didn't have one of my better days today. The kind of day that makes you wonder why you spent so long at Uni. I had a meeting on the outskirts of London. On a good day an hour and a quarter drive. On a bad day a three hour drive. I left myself a tiny bit of time and hoped. And indeed the roads smiled favourably on me and I got there quarter of an our early. Much to my surprise there was parking sapce. That is almost unheard of and I haven't managed to park in the car park for over two years. I went and rang the doorbell. It was answered. I said which meeting I had arrived for. And then they told me it was supposed to be a telephone confernce. How stupid did I feel? And they were sweet, kind, offered me tea, said I could use a room there etc. They were ever so nice. Which did nothing to make me feel any less stupid. So I got back in the car and used the hands free to join the conference as I drove back.

4 comments:

1 i z said...

These are the times that a Homer-esque "Doh!" is made for...

sally said...

Oh, I lvoe you for this!!! I must blog a couple of my 'Doh!' moments! And next time you are passing St Albans, do give me a call....xxx

Merlin said...

I would have, and it entered my mind, but I was on the conference call :-)

Rainbow dreams said...

That is just such bad luck...I'm impressed by your calmness :)