Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Brotherhood

It was quite a masonic weekend. My parents came up at the end of last week so this meant my father and I could go out to a Chapter meeting on Thursday (my weekend starts early). I am the Janitor at the moment - rather weird that the first real officer role in Chapter and I get thrown out so I can't see the ceremony. Weirder that I have lines to give, so I have to yell through the door when it is open. Actually it is a nice office to hold, you get to talk to the new (hopeful) member and try to put him at his ease. Anyway it was enjoyable, and also very nice to have an evening out with my father.

Then the LOI dinner mentioned earlier. A chance for those who regularly turn up to rehearsals (LOIs) to have a meal together with their other halves. And a lot of talk about a lot of things non-masonic. Simply a nice relaxing evening with friends. And we were lucky because the wedding at the hotel had an amazing firework display so we got to watch that as well.

No comments: