Friday, November 09, 2007

Eye On You


The other night I took some vets out for a meal. We went to a chinese restaurant. They were very proud of it, I think it was a highlight of the town. Although there was a menu you could just say "cook us a meal" and they would go off and devise something suitable. A six course meal in fact. Which included lobster. I have had lobster before. I like lobster. However I have never had lobster brought out and left in the middle of the table for ten minutes still alive. It was really a bit disconcerting. Trying to hold a conversation with someone while these lobster are in the corner of your eye, feelers nodding in agreement and expecting them to add to the discussion any minute. Now it didn't put me off, I think it is important that we accept where our food comes from, but it definitely went into the weird category of life.

No comments: