Saturday, November 17, 2007

Party

I have been known to use this blog to diss bad service. So it is only fair that I should give praise where due.

Last night I was at an event called "Music on the Menu". It was joint hosted between the Radisson Edwardian Heathrow and Prestige Promotions. Radisson provided the dinner, drinks, accomodation while Prestige provided the entertainment. Prestige have the motto "making an event an occasion" and they live up to it. The idea was that in between each course of the dinner we had entertainment using some of the acts that Prestige can call on. This included "Shoo Shoo Baby", "Barwizards" and "Stringfever". These were all very entertaining but top scores go to "Damon Scott and Bubbles" and "Cover Up". While Damon Scotts act sounds simple enough - he is a puppeteer - I swear that almost everyone at the dinner (and there were about 500 guests) had tears of laughter. "Cover Up" (sadly I can't find a link) played a mix of cover songs and had most of us up dancing despite the rather tight space.

I was there by myself, "J" wasn't able to come, but the Prestige team looked after me and everyone had such a great time that there was no problem finding people to chat with. I stayed up until 0315 hrs but then decided it was time to retire to bed as I had to drive home in the morning.

The following clip doesn't show just how good Damon Scott is, but it is still worth watching:

No comments: