Friday, December 21, 2007

Holidays A'Comin'


I am sometimes asked if I miss being in practice. And the true answer is "never". But especially not when I have just finished work for the Christmas break. In practice there is really no such thing as a Christmas break. If you are lucky then you get Christmas Day off. But you know that the Christmas week is going to be busy. Gastrotomies on dogs that have eaten too much turkey fat. Dogs with chocolate poisoning. Cats which have argued with the carving knives. I won't go in to full details, especailly of trying to stitch up a dog after emptying its stomach, and the floor being covered with half digested turkey fat (sorry, did I go too far there?).

Anyway, time to relax (as long as our turkey gets delivered on Christmas Eve, otherwise panic and sausages for lunch). A decent break, and not one phone call expected at three in the morning to get me out of bed (Sal, that is not a challenge).

7 comments:

sally said...

oh, but now you have thrown down the gauntlet, so to speak....it's midnight now, and I don't sleep well, so a little entertainment at 3am might be fun....speak later xxx

Merlin said...

You know how you thought I sounded when you rang me at work.............

Caroline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caroline said...

just checking in at 1.14 am to let you know i'm getting into training

sally said...

You know, I was up at 4am, and I so wanted to text a vet and ask why my 15 year old aged doggie was bouncing around wanting to play and go out and have breakfast, I so nearly, nerly texted a friendly vet..and then, you know, I remember how he sounded that day when I rang him at work and got him out of a meeting to listen to my cow moo down the phone at him...and I was too scared..how I wish I was that little more brave....what a great blog that would be....

Merlin said...

Now, you see, the dear readers who haven't read back (approximately the 20th Aug if you are interested) are now thinking that you actually have a real cow.

Anonymous said...

you mean it;s not a real cow?