Sunday, December 09, 2007

Huey and the News

Right, I have to be honest, living with a five year old can make you a bit cynical. Today we are supposed to be meeting Zippie and "D" for lunch. So "A" starts saying she feels sick about 2 hours before we are due to leave. This is strange because she enjoys seeing Zippie and "D" (not Uncle Zippie and Aunty D, oh no, lot of trouble if I say that) but I think that maybe she doesn't fancy the 2 hour drive. I certainly don't actually believe her. And I am still not believing her, although I have rung and cancelled, when "A" is violently sick. And she doesn't eat anything all day, and she goes to bed half way through the afternoon, and even when she isn't in bed she sits quietly on the sofa for almost the entire day (one or two half hearted reconnoitres but nothing major). Oh bad Daddy, for ever doubting his daughter.

No comments: