Saturday, December 08, 2007

So Fa Lo


While it is not my first choice of watching we have developed a family tradition of watching X-Factor on Saturday night while eating dips (I make a wicked home made salsa). So can someone explain to me how Leon has made it to the final. There has not been a week where he didn't sing out of tune. I was amazed tonight when Cowell said "you only sang slightly out of tune". When I was young, in 4-5 choirs at school, there was no such thing as slightly out of tune. Either you hit the note or you don't. It is an on-off thing, there is no degree to it. Sadly I suspect that slightly out of tune means it is something that can be electronically rigged in the studio (I refuse to buy the new Sugababes song because, although I like it, I heard them sing it live and they were terrible, obviously fix in the mix). Anyway, for weeks I have thought Leon should go and, although not convinced by Nikki, this evening she did nail a Fleetwood Mac song.

No comments: