Friday, March 06, 2009

Up Ahead

I've never been one for the 5 year plan. Generally lucky these days to make it from day to day. Certainly most days don't turn out quite how I expect them. But lacking a 5 year plan is definitely a draw back when it comes to industry. The line that I enjoy what I do and simply need to keep being given challenges doesn't help people work out where to place me. I get frustrated when I don't feel as though I am moving forward, but my definition of moving forward is "wobbly" at best. And because I do enjoy what I do (most of the time) I tend to be good at taking on extra things while not so good with giving things up. But every so often I take my destiny into my own hands, and each time that has lead to a step forward. Feeling it is time to do so again.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That sounds exciting - what are you going to do?

I have the opposite problem - I have lots of ideas about where I'd like to be and I'm always thinking about the next step - I struggle to really enjoy where I am because I can imagine so clearly what else I'd like to be doing.