Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Do Not Pass Go

Followers of my Facebook updates will already know I had a nightmare (or even a McVicar) of a journey. Considering the short distance travelled set against the long time taken, it may even be the worst I have ever had. I normally get in to work at 0800 hrs. I left home at the normal time today. And didn't get in to the office until 1045 hrs. I spent a rather long time sitting in a rather major traffic jam on the M1. And it could have been avoided if they had only turned on the hazard sign at the sliproad on to the motorway. Instead they waited an extra 500 yards or so to warn you, ie once you were completely committed and couldn't back out of it.

What those wwho follow my Facebook won't know is that it was actually worse than that. An hour into the epic journey my mobile rang. It was home. Wondering if I had meant to leave my laptop sitting on a side table! The answer being, if you hadn't guessed, NO.

Do you ever feel on some mornings that you were't supposed to get out of bed.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes. I usually think the best thing to do is probably go back to bed and get in.

Merlin said...

And that had been my plan. Unfortunately, when I rang work to say I would have to go home, they very kindly found a spare laptop for me, leaving me no option but to go in.

Rainbow dreams said...

wow that was bad... I'd have been pulling my hair out by then..some days it's just not meant to go our way.
I don't miss motorway traffic at all, thanks for the reminder! My biggest frustration here is people doing 20 miles an hour in a 35 zone and never being able to get past them...!

Merlin said...

I am actually fairly laid back in traffic jams these days. Used to be bad, very bad, but now I take more of a "hey ho" attitude and it really helps.

1 i z said...

Some mornings you just get the sense it might be one of those days.

Best not to take chances I always think. Zzzzzzzzz