Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hup Two Three Four

So I survived the induction. Although he made me a programme and introduced me to the various pieces of equipment he didn't make me do it all there and then. But I tackled it this morning. While the treadmill was not an attractive sight I did at least complete the course. In fact may even have to increase one or two sections.

During the induction I was asked why I had joined. To lose weight and to get fitter were my replies. He was quite a good trainer and immediately said he didn't think talking about weight was a good target, it is more to do with proportion and image. Which makes sense to me. So he wanted a target. I thought a bit then decided the best target, if we weren't talking weight per se, was to aim at getting a couple of sizes down in the trouser waist area. Then he waned to know what my target for fitness was, what did I mean by more fit. That is somewhat harder, I don't exactly want to run a marathon or to climb Everest. I was a bit stumped for a while. Finally I came up with something. I explained that I do support and security work at some festivals over the summer. So the target fitness is to be able to run after, and catch, the bad guys!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Phew! I was starting to worry that you actually hadn't survived - a two-day hiatus in blogging is almost unthinkable from you!

I'm glad it went well. I always go home from Greenbelt with the aim of getting fit enough to run in time for next year!