Saturday, October 20, 2007

Argentina 34 France 10


Obviously I have been a bit lite on blogging about the Rugby World Cup. This was not because I was sulking due to Wales dropping out early on. It was also not a result of certain readers complaining about sports-orientated entries. I have continued to watch the rugby and enjoyed it but most of the games simply did not make me feel like blogging. However I have to say how pleased I am that Argentina beat France. I know that both the northern and southern hemisphere rugby nations will come up with excuses why the Argentinians can't play with their ball but any championship would be lucky to include the Pumas. They have played exciting rugby with style and grace, flashes of inspiration backed with determination. It was unfortunate that in the match against South Africa the occasion overcame them because I still think they had the makings of world champions.

No comments: