Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I Wish I Could Fly Right Up To The Sky, But I Can't......

You Can!

Apologies to those of you for who that has just brought recall of nightmares unsurpassed. If you do not understand then consider yourself lucky.

Anyways, to the point. Today I was able to make use of my birthday present from months ago. It was a bodyflight experience in a vertical wind tunnel. Wow. Fantastic. I will start by saying that everyone there was so firendly and helpful, the kind of customer service that I wished I could find elsewhere. It was obvious that they all really enjoyed skydiving and were eager to pass on their own enthusiasm to anyone who would listen. Then we had an added bonus that a freeflying club called BaByLoN were there for "tunnel camp" and with them were some world champions. They were incredible to watch. Such small movements of the body, often imperceptible, having major effect on their flight. It was like watching people swimming underwater, but so much quicker.
Then I had to go in!
OK, so not as elegant. But I managed. The instructor said afterwards that I had a natural posture and was very relaxed (but they probably say that to everyone as they want you to come back and spend more money). The time was over so quickly. It was a great adrenalin rush. All I can say is - go do it.

2 comments:

sally said...

wow..looks amazing....

Arika said...

That's so awesome. What an interesting birthday gift.