Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Dragon Up


OK, I promise this is the last time I will mention the Wales England match. But you have to forgive me, be fair, last time Wales beat England at Twickers I was mid-way through university (and even more worrying the great pretender Capriano {for non-rugby followers he is hoping to get Jonny Wilkinsons place} was only 3 months old). So I think a week of milking it is reasonable, I might have to wait another 20 years for another opportunity.

Anyway, great quote from Lee Byrne (not my favourite player, I think he can be quite weak but anyway) which sums up the match very well. Coming off at half time he reports feeling "look they've thrown all they've got at us and they're just 10 points up - Ten points. And we haven't even played any rugby yet."

Now, we may ask why Wales hadn't played any rugby in the first half. It is quite an accurate comment. But at least they did in the second.

1 comment:

1 i z said...

Nothing to forgive Merlin. Let's face it, when it comes to sport and England, even a report of a loss when reported as a 'surprise' or matter of note, is pretty good going...