Friday, February 29, 2008

Please Hold While We Try To Connect You

So, I believe I promised a dig at T-Mobile. And I hate to disappoint.

18 months ago I decided to get my own mobile phone. I felt I was overusing the work mobile for personal calls/texts and I did not want to get in trouble. Plus, in all honesty, I dislike the work Nokia and being a gadget person wanted a nice shiny flip phone. I decided to join T-Mobile. Ever since I have regretted it. Reception seems very poor. Travelling a lot and long distances, as I do, I found that T-Mobile would often not work where Vodaphone did. So, when the contract came up I felt it was time to move.

I emailed T-Mobile and apologetically explained why I would not continue with them. They replied and said that they had put the cancellation in to action, even though I had not actually confirmed it and had simply been asking how to go about cancelling. I emailed back asking for an unlock code and for a number transfer code. I heard nothing. I emailed again. And again. I finally got an email back on the day of cancellation saying that they had checked and no-one had actually put the process of getting the codes into action. I emailed them saying that thanks to their inefficiency my phone was about to become defunct at midnight and that I needed to know what they were going to do to help. I still haven't heard from them.

T-Mobile - poor reception, poor service. Avoid.

A bad thing should always be balanced by a good, so I will also now praise O2 to the hilt. Having got my phone unlocked (tiny little shop in Londons China town, interesting experience) I had 45 minutes until a very important call. I went into an O2 store and explained I wanted a sim only package but I needed to have my phone up and running by 1600 hrs. The guy I spoke to couldn't have been more friendly or more helpful. He even let me recharge my work phone while we sorted out the sim card for my personal phone. And he had my new account up and working in 15 minutes. And in the little time I have had to use it I would have to say coverage appears good.

O2 - good reception, good service. Consider.

No comments: