Saturday, August 04, 2007

Buddy Can You Spare A Dime

I was talking to "A" about pocket money. I don't know when other children start but I feel it is time she starts trying to put a value on money. So I have told her she can have £1 a week. To which she replied "that's not much" (maybe I don't have to help her learn value after all). I said it was enough. She didn't look convinced and said "how do you know?" I replied well it's£4-5 each month which is about £60 a year. £60 is a lot". Again she hesitated, thought, and finally said "guess so".

2 comments:

Caroline said...

i know my maths isn't up to much (only A level) but how does £1 a week in a 52 week year = £60? maybe years have got longer since i was at school?

i am really confused

Merlin said...

"About" C, "about". I was rounding up. At 5 years old I thought I could convince her. OK