Monday, July 09, 2007

Please No


She might write more. After promising to stop at seven she is threatening to come back with further Potter stories. Possibly uite perceptive of her to say that she might return to him in ten years. That's when she realises that she can't find another winning formula. Am I being harsh? Ignoring the fact that the stories have got longer and longer (it would only take another two and she would be challenging War and Peace), do we have to be put through more. They are not good literature. They aren't well written. I would look this bored if I was having to write about the little twerp. It is time to let go. Please, whatever you do, don't sign the petition.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought it was just me... Really don't rate Harry Potter ... have ploughed my way through them out of professional necessity. dull, drawn out and rambling!.

Sarah said...

I like them. But they are TOO LONG. One of the things everyone* liked about them when the first one was written was that boys who normally wouldn't read were reading them. I really can't see any reluctant reader start a 700 page book.

*obviously not actually everyone

sally said...

I read the first three, and actually loved them..I lvoed the imagination, the owls delivering letters, the train on platform 91/2, pictures that moved, the magic, great imagination...but yes, they have got bit long....