Sunday, July 22, 2007

Wet Wet Wet

They weren't joking about the weather. Friday evening we drove down from Northampton to Cardiff. A journey that normally takes 2.5 hours took over 4. At one point I considered abandoning it and staying at a hotel. One flood we came too I hoped to get through but when there were four cars stuck in it I decided that discrepency was the better side of valour and turned around to find another route. One of the floods I did drive through wasn't too deep on the "wrong" side of the road so I started driving through on that side until a Landie came towards us and obviously couldn't wait, as he drove into the flood at us I had to move over (and I thank him for being so courteous). We saw mini fountains as water gushed up out of drains. We saw slip roads under water. I lost count of how often I had to revise route plans.

4 comments:

sally said...

...'discrepency was the better side of valour'...would you like to rethink this phrase??? With the use of a dictionary, whilst you are on holiday with nothing else to do?? :)

sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
1 i z said...

I think he was reaching blindly for discretion Sall. A situation I so often find myself in too...

Merlin said...

Discretion, yes that would be it, discretion. For the last few days that has been in the back of my mond. Knew it was wrong. You see that's what the promise of a decent bacon sarnie can do to my brain, completely addle it.