Friday, September 14, 2007

Clean Clean

I don’t understand how the word “Hilton” is so synonymous with “hotel”. I am almost invariably disappointed when I stay in them. I expect them to be good but they never live up to the name. And I just get really frustrated with hotels that have small baths and lightweight shower curtains. I understand physics so I know hot air rises. This means that the air in the area curtained off will be trying to rise (I suppose you could have a cold shower and this would prevent the following problem but I am not convinced that cold showers are the true answer). As the air is trying to rise then something has to come in to replace it. So the shower curtain is pulled inwards unless it is a good quality heavy one. As it is pulled inwards it comes in contact with the body trying to have a shower. And, as the body is wet, the curtain then sticks. So instead of a nice shower you end up with this cold, often slightly mouldy, material clinging to you.

No comments: