Sunday, September 09, 2007

Wales 42 Canada 17


So the good news is that Wales beat Canada. I would have liked it to be a bit more convincing however. Apart from a 25 minute spell in the second half when Wales scored most of their points it really was quite worrying. I could even see Wales going down at one point. Bringin on Gareth Thomas made the difference. I have never rated Kevin Morgan and today did nothing to change my mind. Gareth Thomas brings vision and power into the backs and lends a cohesiveness that is essential. Some will say it was Stephen Jones coming on to replace Hook that paved the way, but I believe it was Thomas.

3 comments:

1 i z said...

One question, is the Rugby World Cup likely to drag on as long as the cricket world version?

Enquiring minds and all ;-)

Merlin said...

Oh yes. Good isn't it!

1 i z said...

Hmmmmm...