Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Drive He Said

In my mind I may have decided, but the test drive was disappointing. The BMW 520 has excellent acceleration, but there is no real "feel" to it. It might be an exec saloon thing, but you kind of just float around. Maybe that is why BMW owners are so annoying, they simply forget that there is anything outside their car. So the BMW 520 no longer seems such a sure bet. Especially since a new car popped up on the list. An Audi A5 Coupe. Now, you may ask if that is a practical car for one with a family. And my reply is - who cares. Sleak, fast, and not something everyone else is going for (the office car park is going to look like a BMW show room soon). I took "A" to see one at the weekend, she said she doesn't mind having only the two doors, no problem getting in and out for her. I think she might have been woo'd by me mentioning the acceleration (0-60 in 3 seconds less than the Mazda 6) (I am lucky having an adrenaline junkie as a daughter). And I reckon I can fit most things in it that I need, it's not as though it is a TT (which is also now on my list but some sense must prevail). Test drive now needed, although in the meantime I will try the Audi A6.

No comments: