Sunday, May 17, 2009

Star Struck

We went to the ROyal Windsor Horse Show today. Must admit that, if we hadn't already pre-purchased tickets, the weather would have put us off. Especially when 10 miles from Windsor visibility on the motorway was less distance than a pig sneeze. Having paid though then we were going to spend at least an hour there. And, luckily, we actually got a lot of sun. Also got covered in a lot of mud, and when I got home I realised that I was rather colder than I had suspected (wearing shorts may not have helped this last point). Overall a good day. Saw plenty of Royals, including the Queen. And saw Robert Lindsay, which was (sorry, I hope this isn't treason) even more exciting to spot. And no, don't worry, we did have more class than to rush up to him for his autograph. But I have admired him since "Citizen Smith" (Wolfie was someone you HAD to look up to when I was young), "GBH" and "Nightingales" so spotting him, and hearing his voice, was a good moment.

No comments: