Monday, May 04, 2009

Up and Down, Again and Again

Bank Holiday. So important to do something. Don't want to waste it. but then again the weather looks terrible. Especailly up north. Especially near Chester Zoo where we had suggested we might go for the day. And despite efforts the daughter still wants to go. Suggesting that rain may not be the best for walking around a zoo she responds that we have hoods. To show how desperate I got, please understand the levels I must have sunk to in order to suggest staying in Northampton and going to the cinema in order to see Hannah Montana. It can't get worse than that. And still the zoo was the prefered choice. So we got in the car and set off. As I watched the rain falling on the windscreen I felt a journey time of over 2 hours each way was not compatible with being rained on. And then a brain wave. A flash of inspiration. I suggested Drayton Manor. Goooaaaaaallllllll. Yes, that was a good idea. So we went there. And it was cold. Especially after the water flume ride which gets you extrememly wet. But it was a good day. 5 (or was it 6) times on the Waltzers was a bit much (as "J" won't go on fast rides this falls to me) but it did mean we did the vertical drop only once so was a blessing in some respects. And we went to the zoo section, which was better than I expected, I can recommend going to see two absolutely beautiful tigers. At one pont "A"s lips were so blue that I thought she would get hypothermia, but she wouldn't give in and we were there until kicking out time. And she went to sleep within minutes when we got home, exhausted but happy.

No comments: