Sunday, May 03, 2009

Flipper

So I joined the gym about three weeks ago. I am still going, and more than I expected. This is good. I am not convinced that it has helped the waistline yet, which is bad, but at least I am persevering. Interestingly though (for me if no-one else) it has helped the fitness. When I first started I was incredibly disappointed to find that I couldn't even manage 10 lengths of the pool. I used to be a good swimmer. I couldn't do much else but I could swim. So I was rather shocked by my inability to pull myself through the water. Since then I have not swum, I ahve spent the time in the gym. Today, for a few reasons, I ended up swimming. And I managed 40 lengths! I think that is an incredible improvement. And, to be honest, the main reason I stopped was because it was getting a bit monotonous.

1 comment:

1 i z said...

Ah this is how it starts - be warned!

Then again I do find two and a hlf hours of not stop lengths swimming takes you to an almost zen like state ;-)

More worryingly I can tell you more about the mosiac tile pattern than you (or I) could ever wish to know...