Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reduction

Time for another gym update. Sorry, but I am so into it that you have to suffer as well as everyone else. I continue to increase the levels on the machines which is good. Still hate the treadmill. But I am finding an unexpected side effect that will also help the weight. I am eating and drinking less. This is a direct result of the time I end up going. I wait until "A" has gone to bed and then head off. Once I have done the gym and used the sauna/spa (compulsory, as explained previously, as it is the one thing that stops me seizing up) I am not home until gone 2130hrs. And that really is too late for eating. So whereas previously I was cooking meals, with very generous portions, I am now having a couple of slices of toast. Even tonight, when I went on the way back from work as "A" was off trampolining, I didn't feel like a proper meal. In addition I normally don't feel like a glass of wine either (although as I type this I do have a glass of whisky beside me). So over a period of a week I probably drink a bottle of wine less than I used to (OK, I used to have a glass every night, and they are big glasses).

Gosh, I so should have done this a couple of years ago.

3 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rainbow dreams said...

It doesn't matter that you didn't do it till now.. it's doing it that matters and that you actually enjoy it :)

We are sadly an alcohol free zone aswell as salt and cholesterol etc until further notice... which should have a positive side effect on weight and health but is slightly boring and dull, maybe we'll get used to it and never return!!

Now to get to the gym again...it is addictive :)

1 i z said...

Don't disappear on us. We like having you around ;-)

Even if it turns out you are a closet Beamer-driver... ;-)