Sunday, February 25, 2007

Boney

The reason I missed the games yesterday was because of a sudden decision to take George to London and the Natural History Museum. The things I do for my daughter, sacrifices made etc (or, considering the scores, maybe I should be thanking her). So we hopped on a train and headed down. I think it a bit unfair of George to hog the sandwiches when we are giving him a treat. Fashion Week may not have been the best time for a spontaneous visit to London but we battled through the crowds.

I think the favourite part for "A" was the human biology. I admit to speeding through the reproduction section (call me chicken, I don't care, just not ready for that yet). But there were plenty of interactive things to keep her interested. The scientist in me started coming out, possibly explaining the workings of cells to a 4 year old is aiming high, but she nodded in the right places (which may just mean she has learned to humour me).


This is as close as George was allowed to the T. rex. I did think that we could get him better placed so it looked as though he was being eaten, but this was not greeted with quite the level of popularity I was hoping for. The dinosaur section was suddenly cut short by the realisation that we had lost "A"s coat. No finger of blame to be pointed but it wasn't "A" or me. So we retraced our steps to no avail. Luckily "Lost Property" turned up trumps.

Finished with a meal at Carluccio's next to South Kensington station. Recommended. Very good italian food at a price that I would consider reasonable even if I wasn't in London. And they had grappa (interestingly I can remember the restaurant and the meal when I first had grappa almost perfectly, but I can't remember the girlfriend who was sitting opposite me at the time {and obviously if she is reading this I have just shortened my life expectancy considerably}). Finally got "A" to bed at 2200 hrs.

4 comments:

sally said...

You say you're not ready for the reproduction stuff yet..er..Merlin..too late...dur!!!

1 i z said...

Whatever do you mean Sall?

'A' was found under a gosseberry bush.

I know. Merlin told me so...

Merlin said...

Will you two please behave. I can imagine you both in biology lessons at school giggling in the back row.

sally said...

Oh yes..I did.....I sat at the back with the salamander