Saturday, February 17, 2007

Roar


It wasn't a bad trip to Edinburgh. I stayed in Corstorphine at a Holiday Inn that I have used before. It is an interesting hotel as it is right next to the zoo. Unfortunately I got the room with a view, I prefer the ones without the view. The reason there is no view is because they face into the zoo. And it is wonderful being woken by the lions in the morning (obviously not lions knocking on the door and bringing in tea and toast, that would be slightly scarey).

The weird thing for me about going to Edinburgh is that every so often I stumble across a memory. Although I was at Glasgow Uni, I spent a reasonable amount of time in Edinburgh. After the meeting on Thursday I decided to walk back to the hotel. The walk took a bit longer than I expected as some idiot dumped a steep hill in the middle of the walk (and to think every weekend I used to go off and do a Munro). But as I was walking along I saw a sign to St Margarets College, and in an instant I was taken back 18 years to a girlfriend I once had briefly there (obviously I mean she was my girlfriend only briefly, not that I had her briefly, I was too innocent for that in those days). Passers-by may have wondered why a big smile suddenly spread across my face.

No comments: