Monday, February 19, 2007

Converter


So excited. New toy arrived today. Some people may have realised by now that I am a bit of a gadget geek. I love new bits of equipment. Well, I have enjoyed having my ipod and it has given music a new life for me, but I now hanker after my old albums. It would cost a lot to buy them all again though. So today I got a USB turntable. I can now transfer all my LPs and 12" singles onto the computer. Yeah. I had forgotten the intricacies of turntables however. I had forgotten the fine tuning to get the stylus arm correctly balanced, then the minor alterations to speed to get the timing right. I don't think "J" could quite understand why I was playing a clip of music on itunes to get the beat and then playing it on the turntable to see if the speed was perfect.

Oh, hours of fun.

{NOTE TO SELF - What I shouldn't admit here is that the song I am playing over and over to get the timing right is Abba's "Knowing Me, Knowing You", don't want Agnetha singing too quickly}.

5 comments:

sally said...

Oooh, I want one..details please...I have a lot of vinyl...

Merlin said...

Well, first experience of this is fairly good. It arrived today and I have successfully managed to get an album downloaded (yes, Abba, Arrival) and on to itunes. It may take a while though, I have rather a lot to get through (Stranglers, Damned - try to get my street cred back up). My plan, once done, was to sell it on ebay, but offers happily accepted. Model is a Numark TTUSB

Sarah said...

Turntable...? What...? Oh yes... records... my parents had some of those, I think...

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Merlin said...

Oh Squeak, that was just downright mean and cruel