Thursday, June 07, 2007

Practice Makes Perfect


Last night was the final rehearsal before the initiation ceremony next week. Well, the final rehearsal for me, the others have one on Monday. In fact it was only my second rehearsal. Living so far from Cardiff really makes this difficult. It never ceases to amaze me that I can be word perfect in the car but then I start to stumble when other people are there. It is because of the extra bits, adding the actions on to the words, when to stand, when to knock, when to step down to the candidate. Learning a play without ever going on the stage. Not ideal. I am really looking forward to my first ceremony "in the chair" but it is nerve wracking as well. I haven't read a book for ages, just concentrating on my lines. I am promising myself a book immediately afterwards.

No comments: