Friday, November 24, 2006

Chapter meeting

An enjoyable night last night. There was a banner dedication ceremony at my Chapter in Northampton and my father came down to attend as well.

"Chapter" is the term for the Royal Arch Masonry, a side order of Freemasonry (or "the blue"). We had an excellent turn out for what was a unique event. Although Lodges have banners, Chapters generally do not. However an annual Grand Chapter meeting is held "under the banner" of a local Chapter. One of our members thought this strange as we did not have a banner so he set the wheels in motion a few years ago, and this culminated last night with the Northampton Chapter 360 banner being unveiled.

I have had a poor year for attendance at Chapter. Meetings have always clashed with trips abroad for work so this is the only one I have made. Luckily everyone has been very understanding and I have been asked to be Chief Steward next year. This means I have to keep track of who is coing to the meal after the meetings, make sure I get money from everyone and arrange the seating plan. Should help keep me out of mischief.

No comments: