Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Conservatory

A friend told me that there is more to life than conservatories. She is probably right. However, as I mentioned that I was having one built it only seems right that you should see the before and after.

I reckon that's a great conservatory. Gives so much extra space. Well chuffed.
Possibly one minor problem. After the New Year we are planning on getting two new cats (Paddington had to be put down the Christmas before last and I miss him, in fact although my daughter was only two she misses him too). Thought ahead, asked the builders to fit a cat flap. From the inside it is great, just the right height off the floor. However, look closely at the wall of the conservatory, to the left. Yes you can see the cat flap. The ground falls away dramatically in our garden so the flap from the outside is rather high. Might have to issue the cats with climbing gear!

My daughter has enjoyed having the workment around. Not entirely sure that they have enjoyed her attention though, a tad distracting maybe. She has decided that it is good to give people things and seems convinced that workmen need sweets. Every two minutes she would take a bowl of sweets and offer it to them (I should say she doesn't actually eat many herself). The first time they accept. The second time they accept. By the third time you can tell they really don't want another toffee. By the sixth time, well a look of resignation has usually passed over their face by then.

No comments: