Saturday, November 25, 2006

Science Museum



Thanks to a corporate day we spent the afternoon at the Science Museum. Akzo Nobel are corporate sponsors so a couple of times a year special days are put on for any staff to attend. Great fun, although Alex was very tired by the time we got her to bed, 2245 hrs as opposed to her normal time of 1930 hrs. She got to take part in the telling of the three little pigs (she was pig number 2, seen in the photos showing off her house of wood, then after the wolf had blown it down), and then enjoyed the bubble show. We were able to then spend another two hours wandering around before the museum closed and we went and found something to eat.

At four years old she does have a wonderful way of expressing herself. At one point she said she "no longer likes boys, I am only interested in girls". I am sorry, no matter what I believe about peoples sexual rights that isn't the kind of comment a father likes to hear from his daughter. Then later I said I was going to be staying in a hotel on Monday night and she said "Are you staying with Miss M.....?" As Miss M..... is her teacher I am not sure if I or my wife was the more surprised. And I am not quite sure how pleased Miss M..... will be either!

No comments: